Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ribbit.

Two Peas in a Bucket (see them here) is one of the places I hang out the most online for digital and paper scrapbooking.  They had a bunch of chats, challenges, freebies and sales over digital scrapbook day.  Here's a layout that I just finished that covers two of the challenges from DSD (scraplift a layout, make a layout using one of the 2peas DSD free kits) and also the "book of scraps" challenge.

Here's the original layout:

Monkey Boy, by LanaRappette

I don't know if it's poor form to post someone else's layout on your blog, so I just linked it for you to see the original inspiration. I also emailed her to let her know I'd used her layout for inspiration, but if there's more proper blog etiquette that I should follow, please leave me a comment or email.


Here's mine:


The free kit is technically a Christmas kit, but the greens were perfect for my ds' "Frog and Toad Day" celebration at school, so I cloned over a few snowflakes and the kit became a froggy kit.

Supplies:
Snowkissed Christmas (free kit) by Betsy Tuma, everything but the ribbon and photo corners
Snowkissed Alpha by Betsy Tuma
Perfect Ten by Club Scrap, ribbon
Self-made photo corners using "wow plastic" effect
Swirls from a freebie template by Pom from her Pom's Breathing Room blog

What a neat coincidence that the day after Frog and Toad day at school, DH found a little frog hanging onto the front of our garage door.  Talk about the perfect frog accent, LOL!

1 comment:

Lorell said...

What a cute little frog hat...:D