Monday, November 16, 2009

Things I'd Scrapbook if I had the Time...

I've been taking a class on blogging for scrapbookers at http://www.shimelle.com/, and today's topic is about making blog tags, either to make it easier for readers to find stuff that they care about or on a specific topic.  So, starting today, I'm gonna start tagging.  One of the tags will be "Scrapthis!" so I can remember to come back to topics later on when I scrapbook them.  But beyond that, I thought I'd share something else that I've been keeping for a couple of years to keep my scrapbooking whims somewhat organized (I don't scrap in order).

I have a list of things I want to scrapbook about.  It's very long list, with a column for a suggested title or theme, a column for more detailed information / thoughts, and a column where I can put a cute little X in the box to show that I actually got something done.

Here are 10 random titles and ideas of topics from the 123-item-and-growing list of stuff that I haven't scrapbooked yet, but hope to some day...

1)  Artists in our family - this will be an album of the artistic pursuits of people in my family tree.  We have knitters, crocheters, rock tumblers, model ship builders, candle makers, and seamstresses, so I want to get it all into one mini-album.

2)  Blankies of our lives - this is actually already a mini-book that I printed in snapfish, but I forgot some very important pictures so I need to add on and re-print.  Very high on the scrapbooking priority list. The album shows different blankets that were given to our kids, who made them, and the stories of the blankies or the family relationships.  It also has information about some of the blankets that were passed down from me to the kids, and where I got them from (my parents, grandparents), so there are several generations of blankies in the book.

3)  World travels - a mini-book with one page featuring a great photo for each country I've been to and some basic information like the dates and major impressions of that country. I've been to 22 countries so I need to get started on this project before I go anywhere else and get farther behind!

4)  "Mommy, I don't have enough toys!"  Accompanied by a photo of our son, sitting in a play room full of toys, not realizing just how lucky and spoiled that he is.  I haven't decided whether to make it light-hearted or go deeper into how much he has and how to increase his appreciation for it.

5)  Catalina Magdalena Hoopensteiner Wallendiner Hogan Logan Bogan was her name, oh!  Nicknames we call each other in our family and where they came from.

6)  Love notes - copies of the cute little notes and cartoons we write to each other from time to time. 

7)  "That mommy pushes her kids higher," I took some photos of Connor happily soaring on a playground swing a few minutes before he said this to me.  It was the first time that I can recall him telling me that I wasn't as good as someone else, and it brings up a lot of thoughts (baggage?!?) about my parenting abilities, that parents aren't flawless, and that all we can do is the best we can do.

8)  Things my mom was right about.  'nuff said.

9)  What fitness, wellness, health and personal training mean to me.  Why I teach aerobics and personal train, my class persona, my target market, and how much I love it.

10)  Sandwich generation.  I've been writing this journaling in my head since May of 2004 when my mom died.  Actually, before that.  It started in 2002 when Connor was born and Mom was seriously ill.  I definitely felt the pressure of being in the sandwich generation.  It sucked.  Really.  Really.  Sucked.  But then I lost part of the top slice of bread when Mom died.  And now Dad died this summer and my life is an open-faced sandwich.
And before I sign off I'll share a layout that I did for Club Scrap's Digital Artist Team with the Solstice kit (November kit of the month):



No comments: